Wednesday, May 20

I've Got Stripes

I made a fun, striped elephant for my nephew who turns 1-year old today. It was another of Susan B. Anderson's adorable patterns that I couldn't resist. I changed the ears because her pattern called for them to be crocheted. The front of the ears are a little goofy, and if I make another one, I'll actually pre-write a pattern for them, rather than winging it again.
..
.
....
.
I also got him a frog. When my brother was little, he was constantly sick, and him having a fever of 104+ was not unusual. Now, my nephew is suffering the same fate. When my brother had his tonsils removed, he stopped getting so sick. But, I have to wonder whether it was something else that healed him. When he was at the hospital recovering from the tonsillectomy, he received a get-well frog that became a frequent companion, and who he gave the name "Tonsils". Creative, huh? My brother also named our childhood dog "K-9", after the movie, or so he said. I renamed the dog "Butt", after the person who initially named him "K-9".

Anyway, I'm hoping that the healing agent was the frog, rather than the tonsillectomy. And, from what I understand, my nephew will be needing even more healing powers now that his 1-year birthday party that was scheduled for Saturday was postponed because he came into contact with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease during the past week.
.
And, how is an aunt to wrap this 1-year old's birthday gift? Well, in camo, of course. Happy Birthday, Kiddo! Try to find the camouflaged elephant and frog!.
.
And, I needed some stripes of my own, so I made what I've named "My Happy Hat", or what my brother would name "Hat". Now, I'm happily wearing my hat and singing the tune of The Legend.

.
.
.

No comments: