Tuesday, January 8

My First Post

Now that I'm only working part time, I'm excited to work on things that I've always wanted to do if I only had the time. Knitting and blogging are high on my list. Of course, spending time with my sweet husband and beautiful kitties are another. Aren't they gorgeous!?

I made my first stitch in September at Rosie's Yarn Cellar (Philadelphia) in Beginner Knitting Class. Since then, I've taken Beginner Crochet, at which I failed miserably. I'll try Crocheting again at some point in the future, but my husband, Christopher, has forbidden me from taking another Crochet class since I was a such a failure. He's a sweetheart and is just being facetious . . . sort of. Anyway, I've continued taking knitting classes, including a Sweater Class and a Sock Class. Here is what I've knitted so far.

(1) In Beginner Knitting Class: Multi-Colored Stocking Hat














(2) In Sweater Class: Orange Sweater














(3) Sock Class: I'm only starting now.

(4) Outside of class, I've completed three scarves, and a small basket to hang on a doorknob.

(5) I've started a baby blanket for my brother and sister-in-law's (Matt & Rachel) baby boy, who will be born in May 2008.










2 comments:

Lisa said...

The kitties are gorgeous! Love Siamese cats voices...talk talk talk...

It was fun having you hang out with the girls tonight after knitting circle.

Mariss said...

Those kitties are hilarious, all lined up! They're pretty cute.

I'm very impressed with all you've done in your first few months of knitting. Usually, people have a harder time with knitting than crochet!

Great projects and AWESOME first sweater!